Click HERE for the Portable Storage Unit Permit Application
Per a local law to amend the Code of the Village of Scotia, relating to Portable Storage Units, every person, firm, corporation or legal entity that wishes to place a portable storage unit within the Village in all zoning districts except: General Business (GB) and Industrial (I) shall be required to obtain a permit from the Building Inspector. Obtaining said permit shall be the responsibility of the owner or occupant of the premises on which the portable storage unit is to be placed.
Portable Storage Unit
A portable container, receptacle or devise of a type commonly used for the temporary storage of personal property or other material. The term shall include, but not be limited to trailers, shipping containers, portable-on-demand storage units and other similar containers that exceed 200 cu. Ft.
- Permits will be granted for a period of 30 days?
- Portable storage units may not be placed on the streets or sidewalks or in front yards other than on a driveway.
- When placed on a driveway, a portable storage unit must be placed at the farthest practicably accessible point from the street.
- The portable storage unit is on a property 7 days or less over a period of six consecutive months.
- Use of the portable unit is by a government entity.
Fees are set by the Board of Trustees and are subject to change.