In 1979, for Scotia’s 75th anniversary celebration, the Schenectady Gazette published a special supplement full of articles about Scotia and its history. Included is this item:
This bridge, Scotia’s first, was built in 1808 (and was about to be replaced by an iron bridge in 1874) and ran from Washington Ave. in Schenectady to Washington Ave. in Scotia, and the village was reached by traveling along the Dyke, now Schonowee Ave.
The first picture shows the bridge from a distance, where the entrance does seem a little ominous; the second is a closer view that shows its construction more clearly. The tracks along the Dyke are trolley tracks, which also cross the bridge.